Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Day 19: I heard the bells

Sometimes I just need an excuse to post cool pictures of cool things.
Take these here bells.


Every Christmas season for the last several years, I've had the most fun experience of participating in a bell choir. As a piano player, life can be lonely at times, in a musical way of speaking, which is one of the reasons I sometimes give group lessons to my piano students. 


So ringing bells with a group of music-makers is particularly satisfying to me.
And this year, for the first time, Bethany is ringing too, so it is even better.


The music this year is more challenging than usual and we have thirteen ringers, so practices have been frequent and long. I do love a challenge.


But the hardest thing, as usual, will be not grimacing when I make a mistake.


Because you know I will.
Make a mistake.

So today, I am thankful for friends who have indulgent husbands who buy them very expensive sets of bells.
And who let me play with them.

2 comments:

  1. One of the things I love most about our ward is our Bell Choir! I shall gladly, totally ignore any and all off notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL if I tried to play the bells I'd be a dead ringer. Y'all would kill me, that's how un-coordinated I am.

    ReplyDelete