Friday, November 9, 2012

Day 8: Bargain Market

My life has been much happier since Grocery Outlet came to town. I mean, I have been shopping at G.O. for thirty years, and made a habit of popping in to check out the bargains every time I would pass one in another town, but to have one so close has totally changed my shopping habits. Their everyday prices are better than the outrageously-priced supermarkets, but their clearance is a steal. I hardly ever go to the full-price stores any more. 
Gourmet chocolate and deli meats, top-brand dairy, high-quality anti-aging moisturizer, and so much more. They stock lots of gluten-free, dairy-free and organic products, but you never know what you will find. It's like a treasure hunt at each visit. 
G.O. is the GO-to place for me.

A few months ago, I was invited to an event at the (then) newly-moved and -renovated Beaverton Grocery Outlet. It's a pretty swanky place, as far as G.O.'s go, but they are all clean and well-organized.


You can laugh at me if you want, but I am very thankful for our locally-owned Grocery Outlet bargain markets, where everyone can be a winner!
And no, they didn't pay me to do this.
I just love them that much!

3 comments:

  1. We have one in Eugene but it isn't that close to me. I still haven't made it inside yet. I should really get on it. It sounds like they are the place to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of G.O. It must be a West-Of-The-Rockies thing. We do have Aldi, which I suspect is similar. We all love Aldi although my kids frequent it more than I. You can hardly get TG away from a Kroger and he does 90 percent of the grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete