Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful Day 2: Ode to my firstborn


Day 2 happened to fall on Bethany's birthday. 
When Bethany was born, 32 years ago, I felt like my world was complete. We were as poor as church mice in worldly terms, but I was enraptured with my baby and would spend all day holding her and trying out the few, mostly hand-me-down, outfits that I had been given. She slept through the night from about three weeks old, usually in my bed because Jeff was working the night shift. She was a calm little thing and people often commented that she looked like a Gerber baby (and I had no idea what that meant, but assumed it was complimentary) or Winston Churchill. I didn't mind the Winnie thing, because I admire him.

Nowadays, it's hard to find a photo of Bethany without one of her babies in her arms, but I stole this one from her facebook album.


Bethany continually impresses me with her tenacity, creativity, and her desire to do what is right. She is a delight to her Dad and me and has given us five lovely grandchildren. 
Day 2 was spent being thankful for Bethany, even as I spent most of it caring for her children so that she could have a Time Out!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great picture of Bethany. She is such a sweetheart. I saw her at TOFW but was unable to make my way over to her before she disappeared in the crowd. It was a great session!

    ReplyDelete