Friday, August 13, 2010

A point of view

I am an awesome grower of green beans. I prefer the old-fashioned runner beans, because they keep me supplied all summer long from their gangly vines. Although, this year, they have only just started producing because of the late start to summer. Over the last three days, I have gathered enough tiny beans to accompany our dinner tonight. I like to pick them when they are six inches or less. They are so sweet and tender, there is no better green thing.

Take note, you Sue detractors: I do eat vegetables! They just have to be the right ones.

As I was searching for little beans today, I thought again (as I have often thought when hunting strawberries and blueberries this season) that it all depends on your point of view. You can look and look, seeing nothing....
...but as soon as you move, just a smidgen....
...wonderful things become apparent.
Even though you might have to squint to see them.

I've been blindsided by a couple of things recently.
Nothing earthshaking.
Just life stuff.
But it preys on my mind till all I can see is what's in front of my eyes.

I think I need a new point of view.

2 comments:

  1. You are so right - point of view makes a big difference!
    PS - I love those little green beans too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mama calls these "candy beans" ... LOLO it certainly does all depend on your perspective. One moment life seems bitter, then those little candy beans appear ... but if you're not looking, you might miss the sight and feel of them, not to mention the taste and nourishment they offer.

    Be well and happy, my friend!

    ReplyDelete