Sunday, August 15, 2010

Random edibles on my counter last night

Fresh green beans and rainbow carrots from the garden, ready to be cooked for dinner.
The latest batch of kefir.
Chocolates ready to be sent home to my sis with Mum.

******  ''' ******
I spent tonight packing for Mum. 
The job is quite beyond her powers of concentration these days.
Her ID necklace is updated.

The cute Liz Clairborne purse I bought today for my sister is packed.
I love this purse quite unreasonably.
I've always purchased purses more for price and size than love.
It's ironic that the first time I ever buy for love it would be for someone else. 
Or maybe not.
She is, after all, my only sister.

4 comments:

  1. Those fresh veggies look good! Your sister will love the purse - what a nice surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And how kind of you to remember that one sister with such a gift! Very nice. She will be pleased, I know. Great purses are plenteous but good sisters are few!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Great Nana had a good trip back home. It is hard to say goodbye to anyone any more for me. Nathan is on his way to Afghanistan now. I am going to make your peach shortcake, as soon as we get fresh peaches. This slow summer start has messed my calendar up. I do have a pink tomato though!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Debbie, I've been thinking about you and your Nathan. So, my Charlie has signed up for MARSOC, which means another five years. However, he could change his mind again, so we'll see. I think he does it just to torment me. And my tomatoes are late too.

    ReplyDelete