Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Wearing my ❤ on my bumper

I know that many of my friends refuse to use bumper stickers because they consider them to be tacky.
An indicator of great lack of taste.
Myself, I consider them to be a sign of my passionate nature, and have justified my use of bumper stickers with the thought that I only have two and they're tasteful and funny. 
But then I found the Kiwi that had been lost for a couple years (since my last trip) between the pages of a book. The Marines sticker is an original and is my personal favourite.

And then Soldier's Angels sent me a magnet as a thank you for all the blankets.

And then Jeff talked me into some magnets at the militia man's booth at the fair this summer.

This one is allowed, it was one of the originals.
It is who I am.

I couldn't resist this one when we were in Oz.
It was a fundraiser and is on the back window, so technically exempt from tacky bumper sticker laws.

Don't even know where I got this one.
On the other side of the back window.

And I do believe this one on the front driver's side window saved me from a ticket last time I got pulled over.
So it's staying!

Oh dear.
I think I may be verging on white trash bumper sticker heaven.
So, NO MORE BUMPER STICKERS!

Oh.
Wait a minute.
I haven't put this one on yet.

I'd better go do that right now.
Rob needs me.

4 comments:

  1. I appreciate you making the roadways more interesting. Just don't put up anything nasty... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh mercy ... you've got enough for both of us so I'll continue not having any.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of bumper stickers. But I don't mind them, they are all things I can support. I hate when I come up to the back of one of those cars where their whole back bumper and trunk are covered with stickers that I completely disagree with. I am sure my husband is tired of all the tangents I go on when I see those cars down here in Eugene, which are EVERYWHERE! But we do live in a country that allows free speech (so far) and I am grateful that we can each have our own opinions and still voice them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, Nicole. We have a guy around here who has gross photos of dead cows plastered all over his car, he's against eating meat. I guess I understand his passion, but I wish he wouldn't do it, nevertheless.

    ReplyDelete