Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Jeff-approved turkey leftovers

It is a well-known fact that I could live on leftovers for six days a week.
Jeff, however, has a limited tolerance for the concept.
He doesn't complain until the third day and even then it usually manifests itself more as a lack of enthusiasm. 
Four days and I am in the doghouse.

For some reason, he is even less enamoured of turkey leftovers than anything else.
Why this is so, I do not know.
So, I was quite happy to see this idea on a friend's facebook post.
Turkey enchilada casserole.
Well, anything with the word "casserole" in the title turns me on, so I gave it a try.
Jeff was happy and had seconds.
I was happy because after I put the rest of it in his little dish for his lunch tomorrow...

...there was nothing left.

Jeff said hopefully, We could have that for dinner again tomorrow.

Turkey Enchilada Casserole
2 c chopped turkey
1 can cream of chicken soup
1/2 can milk
1 can chopped green chilis
2 c shredded cheese (half in, half on top)
8 to 10 corn tortillas
Half a sauteed sweet onion

Mix everything with half of the cheese. Put in a casserole dish. I used a large Corningware dish, but a 9x13 would work. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top and bake at 350 till bubbly and brown.

You could serve it with sour cream, salsa, lettuce and tomatoes.
Or eat it straight up, like we did!

6 comments:

  1. eww, turkey. charlie thinks i'm CRAZY for not liking it. oh well, more for everyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this same recipe, except mine calls for flour tortillas. It's a favorite over here. We actually had it last week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm, that looks really easy and yummy. I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Sam, you could use chicken instead. Jeff was surprised when I told him it was turkey in this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds so yummy. Although, I am quite content to eat Thanksgiving leftovers until they are all gone, even if it takes a week. I LOVE Thanksgiving dishes, the food, not the dirty containers:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! I don't have any leftover turkey but I just emailed that to Audrey, who was given a turkey at work and baked it and now has frozen turkey meat by the bagful in her freezer! She's going to love that one!

    I love leftovers too, and I LOVE your Christmas background!

    I'm just full of love today.

    ReplyDelete