Sunday, December 12, 2010

Retro Christmas pics

Our first Christmas, with our darling newborn.
It was a meagre but deliriously happy time.

I think this was our first Christmas in Oregon, at Jeff's National Guard party.
Which would explain the present.

No idea.
Bad Mommy.

My kids will hate me, in varying degrees, for the next ones.
I'm also not sure of chronological order.
Bad Mommy.

This one's for Sam.
And now, courtesy of Bare Naked Ladies, some slightly quirky Christmas lyrics.

Let me tell you, Googling "Bare Naked Ladies" should be done    v-e-r-y carefully.

Turkey is done, reviews are mixed,
When's Mom gonna get that hearing aid fixed?
Hold still, wait for the click,
You're in this year's Christmas Pics



Tears rollin' down my nephew's face,
Santa's house can be a scary place,
Hold still... wait for it,
Hold still, wait for the click,
We're in this year's Christmas,
This year's Christmas,
This year's Christmas Pics.

10 comments:

  1. That's the Charlie I remember! I was completely astonished to see him all grown up and bigger than Alex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bigger, but not taller, I'll bet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness i love those pictures, sue! thanks for putting that one up for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are such fun pictures! I bet you enjoyed looking back at them too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is that YOU in that first picture? You look like you're about twelve years old! Good grief. Those time-machine pics make me all misty-eyed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jenny, I was 24. I used to look young for my age. Sniff. Not so much these days, when it would really count for something.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah, the awkward years. BTW I remember my first encounter with Santa. It ended with me screaming and holding a new baby doll. And I like the picture with the four of us in Santa hats. Way back when Charlie used to let me mommy him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try googling Barenaked Ladies next time.

    ReplyDelete